Mafia capo, Antonio Spinelli blew through my orderly life like a cyclone.
Gorgeous and passionate, with a breathtaking brutality, he put me under his spell the moment he touched me, drawing me into his underworld of risk, violence and betrayal.
And I found, just as this sophisticated savage didn’t trust me, I didn’t trust myself. Something happened to me. Some alchemy from the heat between us.
I discovered I was a savage, too
The Cover: 10/10—I LOVE THE GUY!!!!!
Writing: 9/10 — It was okay
Heroine: 6.5/10— Sigh… Was she supposed to come of so dumb?
Romance: 7/10 —Meh
Sexiness: 7/10 —Meh
Over All Story 6/10— So DISAPPOINTED
Why Spin, spun it’s self into the toilet
1. A capo is not the head of a family he’s more of an underboss. Tony Soprano was a Capo, but he didn’t run the whole mafia.
2. The heroine comes off really stupid because she doesn’t know what Antonio does. So once again we have another story about a weak, innocent woman, who comes off strong for about five seconds before seeing a man’s cock and losing her ability to think. Been there done that.
3. The insta-lust. There is no talking. No getting to know each other, nothing but OMG he’s so sexy lets have sex everywhere. :/
4. KEEP IT CLASSY. “Oh, God. Fuck me in the ass…”
“I want you,” I said. “I want you to fuck my virgin ass so hard. I love it. I love fucking your ass”
“….Fuck me scared.” Fuck me in the ass? Really? No really? Insta-turn off!
5. Is this English? “I smelled pine trees, deep in the forest, damp in the morning after a night of campfires and singing. The burning char and dew mingled in the song-like trails of cigarette smoke, rising and disappearing.”
Because I feel like I need one of those decoder rings to finger what the hell this means.
6. WHERE IS THE MAFIA? It seems the only time drugs, or anything mafia related is brought up when they are used refer to each other. He was like my drug, and I would either get a hit or go into withdrawal, but I wouldn’t abdicate my right to chase him.
Where is the Ruthlessness? Where is the blood? Where the hell is the action!!! The more I think about the more I get pissed. It’s like signing up to go see a scary movie and instead you’re watching the Notebook.
This s one of my status updates while reading “So the reason I read this is because I just got of one my new fav. mafia stories. Going from that to this is a HUGE let down. This is the Mafia, where is the blood? The drugs? The Violence? Everything I’ve read so far is all about sex. There is no depth here….”