Monster by Francette Phal

Format: eBook
Goodreads
one-star

Accidental Gold digger.

Circumstance forced Eden Mercer to sell herself to Dominic Armstrong for half a million dollars and in return she is to play the dutiful wife in public and submit to him completely behind closed doors.

The Tyrant.

Dominic is Ruthless, manipulative and sadistic but Eden is determined not to break under his cruelty. But how does one persevere when in the clutches of a Monster?

description
The Cover: 7/10—It was okay nothing really eye catching.
Writing: 9/10 — It was okay
Heroine: 6/10— I have an issue with people selling themselves.
Romance: 3.5/10 — When I have to question if a relationship is abuse then there are issues.
Sexiness: 10/10 — I will admit it was hot.
Over All Story 7/10-

I think the fault falls on me for reading this book. But to my credit I was tricked by all the 5 stars and amazing reviews. Seriously it pulled me in like a fly into a zipper and man did I get fried.

I’m so tired of stupid females and alpha male that treat woman like crap. Can’t there be a balance?

“I’m so in love with you…” she whispered, so quietly like it was a secret from her soul.”

***Head meet desk.***

She was treated like crap for 95% of the book!

The plot

Dominic Armstrong, aka the king of assholes believes the world belongs to him. If he wants something then he better have it. He reminds me of Christian Grey, rich, fucked up, and sex crazed. (This is a new running theme in books) The moment he sees Eden Mecer in a bar he knows right away she has to be his.

“She became Dominic’s obsession, and he’d known instantly that he would own her. She’d been a rarity, an artifact, another possession he needed to add to his innumerable collection.”

Due to the death of her mother Eden Mecer finds herself in need of money fast. What does she do? Well she decides to marry Dominic. (She didn’t just jump at the chance. She didn’t want to at “first”. But hopes they will come to love each other….this isn’t the 1800s. I kept thinking WALK AWAY!

Well let’s fast forward to four years later. Eden has dealt with a lot of abuse. Verbally and sexually but she just goes along with it because after all she signed away her soul.

This is why this book just couldn’t work for me. Dominic spends almost all of the book telling her over and over again that he owns her. He boards on sadistic at times.

“Your such a fucking whore… I own you!”

He went from that too:

Also there were some very weird use of descriptions

“when that exploring hand gently pried her thighs apart, he discovered her garden, the fountain at her center overflowing with her essence, drenching his fingers.”

“he drank the flowing juices of her weeping womanhood with his rapacious tongue.”

There was also WAY more description used then dialogue which only just made everything feel slower.

I disliked Jenna, whom I’m guessing was supposed to be the “slut” after she goes after Dominic in the pool. I really didn’t she was important to the story.

Easton