To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

To All the Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han

To All the Boys I've Loved Before
by Jenny Han
Published by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers on April 15th 2014
Genres: Dating & SexEmotions & FeelingsGirls & WomenLove & RomanceSocial IssuesYoung Adult
Pages: 368
Format: eBook
Goodreads
two-starstwo-stars

Lara Jean’s love life goes from imaginary to out of control in this heartfelt novel from the New York Times bestselling author of The Summer I Turned Pretty series.What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them…all at once? Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren’t love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she’s written. One for every boy she’s ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean’s love life goes from imaginary to out of control.

descriptionGenre: Young Adult
The Cover: 8/10—I love the tittle which makes me love the cover
Writing: 7/10 — It was okay
Heroine: 3.5/10— She’s lucky she’s not my sister!
Romance: 1.5/10—Missing!
Sexiness: 0/10
Over All Story 2/5To All the Boys I’ve Loved BeforeI need to start off by saying I truly love the title of this book. I don’t know why maybe it’s because it brings back memories of every guy I’ve ever had a “crush on”. I would never say I loved them because that would be slightly weird if we hadn’t talked.

“Do you know what it’s like to like someone so much you can’t stand it and know that they’ll never feel the same way? Yes it hurts! But come again I was never in “love” with them.

Another reason why I wanted to read this book was because of the diversity of it. I’ve said it before and I will say it every time I get a chance. We need more diversity in books!

I’ve looked through the other reviews of this book and realized that I’m part of the minority of people who weren’t a fan. I don’t find this book “cute” or “sweet” at all.
Lara Jean is 16 but acts like a child wanting to be an adult. Lara’s life is great expect for one small detail her SISTER’s boyfriend, Josh, doesn’t notice her. That’s right Lara is love with her sisters boyfriend but it’s okay because she’s loved him way before they started dating.

Lara does this thing were she writes letters to all the guys she’s ever loved…There are FIVE of them! Seriously five! To me that doesn’t make sense. How in the hell at 16 does already have 5 great loves?

Carrie Bradshaw only had TWO!

Sigh. So I did my best to look over that…whatever this is fiction. Then all of a sudden Lara’s letters are mailed out to her past loves….Yea because none of us saw that coming.

Lara, who is just distraught, decides the best way to deal with all of this is to pretend to be in a relationship with another guy Peter….

We can all guess what happens right?

Josh falls for Lara.
Lara thinks she following of Peter.
Peter is well just peter.

I don’t understand? This didn’t inspire me. There was anything new or special about this. In fact most of the time I was just bored out of my mind!

Other Issues

1. Ummm….Because this was a very stupid and unnecessarily added love triangle there wasn’t really a romantic element to the story.

2. Also Lara didn’t seem to mature or even bother growing up at all. She also doesn’t seem to get why dating her sisters very recent Ex is a horrible thing to do! Sisterhood Code #5

3. Why is Chris, her sluty best friend, (because never in a YA or NA can the main character ever have a friend that is not “wild”/ “Fun”,) even in this story? She does nothing. They barely speak to each other! I would rather Lara not have any friends then half baked ones, thrown in to make us think Lara has any real relationships.

“You’d rather make up fantasy version of somebody in your head than be with a real person.” ——It’s true which is why I’m confused why Lara never understood why that’s not healthy.

“It feels strange to have spent so much time wishing for something, for someone, and then one day, suddenly, you just stop.”

Maybe because you never really cared about that person! You were in love with the idea of them! Sigh. I can’t yell at this book any more!

Easton