Too Much by Lea Griffith

Format: eARC
Goodreads
three-starsthree-starsthree-stars

A Loveswept Contemporary Erotic Romance

In Lea Griffith’s Loveswept debut, a novel that’s perfect for erotic romance readers, two lovers who have shared exquisite pain and unforgettable bliss find solace back in each other’s arms.

Jeremiah Copeland and Daly Edwards have a history. Even though he grew up a criminal struggling to care for two younger siblings, and she’s the pampered daughter of a power-hungry senator, they formed a bond that nothing could break. Only a lack of trust ripped them apart.

Seven years later, Daly has reason to believe that Jeremiah’s brother is in trouble. She reaches out to Jeremiah the only way she knows how: at his BDSM club, The Underground. But one look ignites a heat she thought had cooled forever. As Jeremiah takes control of her body once again, Daly quickly loses control of her carefully rebuilt world. Too much has never been enough between them, and as danger swirls in the shadows, Jeremiah forces Daly to recognize what has never changed: She still loves him. His command is that she return her heart—and he will make her obey.

Too Much is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.

Includes a special message from the editor, as well as excerpts from other Loveswept titles.

Genre: Adult, Erotica, BDSM
The Cover: 3.5/10
Writing: 6/10
Heroine: 6/10
Romance: 910
Sexiness: 10/10

Too Much

Have you ever read a book where it feels you have just jumped into the middle of the plot? There is no build up, no easing you in, just BOOM in your face. For some books that works but for Too Much it only confused me.

You see the story takes place three years after Jeremiah Copeland and Daly Edwards have broken up. They used to be in a Dom/ Sub relationship, so of course there is baggage. The only problem is I didn’t understand how deep their relationship was before, what either of them met to each other, or anything that really made me connect to them.

So basically we, the reader, are left to play catch up. Apparently Jeremiah was involved with the mafia (where the hell did that come from), but Daly did not like that. So she leaves only to come back after getting Jeremiah’s brother’s class ring. She thinks he’s in trouble so goes she goes to Jeremiah.

Up until this point it wasn’t really that bad. I was a little lost but I was getting it and then….

SEX

Now don’t get me wrong. It was hot but that was all it was. I felt like the plot that was slowing building disappeared as all we got was sex. This is also one of those stories where the heroine says she will not give into the guy….but five minutes into seeing him their “connection” is so strong they are at again.

Some things I really liked

*Toby and Ruthie
*Candace
*No inst-love/lust—But then again they already were kind of in a relationship when we meet the MCs.

Other then that is was nothing really new. We have a Daly the “innocent” shy but strong willed girl. Jeremiah the drop dead sexy alpha who had a hard not life growing and has trust issues. Where have wee seen this before? But I guess it’s on me because I keep reading them!

Easton