Sweet Unrest

Pages: 336
Format: eARC
Goodreads
one-half-starsone-half-stars

Lucy Aimes has always been practical. But try as she might, she can’t come up with a logical explanation for the recurring dreams that have always haunted her. Dark dreams. Dreams of a long-ago place filled with people she shouldn’t know…but does.

When her family moves to a New Orleans plantation, Lucy’s dreams become more intense, and her search for answers draws her reluctantly into the old city’s world of Voodoo and mysticism. There, Lucy finds Alex, a mysterious boy who behaves as if they’ve known each other forever. Lucy knows Alex is hiding something, and her rational side doesn’t want to be drawn to him. But she is.

As she tries to uncover Alex’s secrets, a killer strikes close to home, and Lucy finds herself ensnared in a century-old vendetta. With the lives of everyone she loves in danger, Lucy will have to unravel the mystery of her dreams before it all comes to a deadly finish.

Have you ever watched one of those shows that just try to tick you off for no reason? It’s the ones were nothing good EVER happens and by the slim chance something good does happened it’s short lived and followed by something ten times worse.

Examples.

Plot: You escaped your abusive ex.

Yay_Kurt_Chris

Twist: You have cancer and it’s to late your going to die.

Really-Animated-GIF

You finally tell the girl you’ve loved her since 5th grade and she loves you too.

tumblr_inline_mgduus0eWg1rb3az8_large

Twist: The Conversation happened over the phone and on the way to meet each other one of them get hit by a car or bus. OR you just happen to be in one of the World Trade Center Towers….(Still pissed “Remember Me.” Still pissed).

82938-Taylor-Lautner-REALLY-gif-ULq3

What is this underlying message?

“Fuck you readers there is no such this as a happy ending get over it.”

Now I get it. Shakespeare made this popular with Romeo and Juliet. And I also understand that sometimes books don’t always end off happily. That’s okay.

What I don’t want to read is shit storm after shit storm being dripped on my head! It’s like reading the Jungle all over again. Half way through I just wanted to say

tumblr_mmwoyyLtAa1qd9gfxo1_500

Because it did. It burned my heart and eyes from reading.

Murder and Voodoo…That was what this story was about however the ending just ruined the whole damn story.

Basically Lucy Aimes is a native from Chicago who has to leave with her family to Louisiana right before her senior year. However if she actually gives the move a try her family is willing to let her go back to Chicago after the summer is up.

Ever since she was young she has had visions of a couple. However it is only when she finally moves to Louisiana do those dreams become clearer. She learns about Armantine and Alex from 1851, the couple in her dreams. However things change when she actually sees Alex one night.

WHAT HAPPENED?

This could have been amazing had it not been for,

1. The White Washing.

…….This is the south and yet I felt like this story had taken place on a planation in Maine. Seriously though? This is just getting annoying.

2. I’m not sure what the hell was happening but it was not voodoo.

3. Lucy.

……..I just wanted to shot her and put her out of her misery. Her past sucked. Her present sucked. It’s like she’s being punished for something.

4. After years of trying to be together guess what…they still can’t be. So what was the point?

All in all Sweet Unrest is the prefect title because once I was done that is all I felt.