The Murder Complex - Lindsay Cummings

The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings
Published by HarperCollins on June 10th 2014
Genres: Action & Adventure,AdolescenceAlternative Family,FamilySocial IssuesSurvival Stories,Young Adult
Pages: 400
Format: Paperback
Goodreads
two-starstwo-stars
The Murder Complex is an action-packed, blood-soaked, futuristic debut thriller set in a world where the murder rate is higher than the birthrate.Meadow Woodson, a fifteen-year-old girl who has been trained by her father to fight, to kill, and to survive in any situation, lives with her family on a houseboat in Florida. The state is controlled by The Murder Complex, an organization that tracks the population with precision. The plot starts to thicken when Meadow meets Zephyr James, who is—although he doesn't know it—one of the MC's programmed assassins. Is their meeting a coincidence? Destiny? Or is it part of a terrifying strategy? And will Zephyr keep Meadow from discovering the haunting truth about her family? This is a dark and compelling debut novel that will appeal to fans of Moira Young's Dust Lands series, La Femme Nikita, and the movie Hanna.

YA dystopia!

tumblr_m4n4ooi4Oc1qegw8v

You know why I picked up this book don’t you? I mean just look at that cover! That TITLE! I was so ready for this book. I didn’t read any reviews because I didn’t want any spoilers. However, I feel cheated…I’m so mad at myself for wasting money on a PAPERBACK copy of this when I already have NINE versions of this no my book shelf already.

You’ve heard of The Bermuda Triangle right? Well I’ve come to the conclusion that there is sort of the same going on in dystopian novels.

MYSTERIES OF THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE

I get that a “A dystopia is a community or society that is in some important way undesirable or frightening.” But the problem is that it’s all been done before!

Any author that tries to jump into this ring either makes their book just like everything else OR it makes no bloody sense AT ALL.  The Murder Complex (such a cool name by the way) was just a mash up of every other dystopian novel I’ve already ready.

The government is corrupt.

The heroine is strong but still just a hurt puppy looking for love in an unjust world.

The Hero has issues with his status in this world but WAIT there is a twist he actually dreams of our leading lady BEFORE he met her.

Blah Blah blah Killing.

Blah Blah blah Running way.

Blah Blah blah we aren’t going to make it everything is against us.

Blah Blah blah were in love.

Blah blah blah oh we made but just my the skin of our teeth! What happens next? Find out in book 2.

The End.

Sigh.

tumblr_musa92Bx5b1sgl0ajo1_500

I think it’s time we walk away from this genre for now. Honestly I think we’ve sucked out as much as we possibly can for now. There was nothing worth noting or point out in this book.

The reason why I’m giving it two stars is because one 1. The writing wasn’t bad and two because I don’t think it’s bad enough for one star. The fault of this book is that it’s noting special. Maybe if you’ve NEVER read anything in this genre then this will be an amazing read for you. But if you have skip it there is nothing to see here folks.

Easton